To begin using Bill Pay, you must first log into your Online Banking account.
- Once logged in, click the "Bill Pay" tab located in the main navigation bar at the top of every page of Online Banking. This will take to you Heartland Bank's Online Bill Pay site.
- If your phone number is not entered in the Heartland Bank computer system, it will prompt you to enter your home phone number. If your phone number or any other information on you bill-pay profile is incorrect, please call 402-759-3114 and ask for Online Bill Pay Assistance
- If your e-mail address is not entered in the Heartland Bank computer system, it will prompt you to enter your e-mail address
You will then be asked to agree to CheckFree’s Terms and Conditions:
- Print the document contained in the disclosure window
- Review the Terms and Conditions
- Scroll down to the bottom of the disclosure windows and click on “Agree”
You are then displayed the “Payment Center ” Screen
- Step 1: Setting up of your Payees - Click on “Add a Bill” in the middle of the screen and it walks you through setting up each biller
- Step 2: Entering the payment information
- Choose the biller to be paid
- Enter the amount
Enter the payment date (date payment actually due)
- Notice: Immediate payment may be made to some national billers. Other billers, please allow 2-5 days. Local merchants, please allow up to 7 days.
- Click “Make Payment” button
- Verify the information on the next screen and click on “Submit Payments" button.
Once you have signed up for Online Bill Pay:
- You will receive a ‘Welcome’’ letter by mail from Online Bill Pay (Check-Free) confirming your Bill Pay status
- You will receive an e-mail containing address confirmation from Online Bill Pay (Check-Free) at the e-mail address listed in ‘My Profile’. Please follow the instructions to confirm your e-mail address
- If you would like to add an additional checking account for Bill Pay, call 402-759-3114 or 800-759-3119 and ask for Online Bill Pay Assistance
- There is a message notification line at the top of the home screen of Online Banking. Please check this with each log-in session.