We’ve come up with an exciting idea for this year’s Community Calendar Photo Contest. We are seeking throwback photo recreations. What exactly are these? If you’re on social media, you’ve probably seen at least one or two examples of these over the past few years. If not, here are some examples from a Google image search for “funny recreated family photos”. Go ahead, click on the link and view the examples. The rest of these contest details can wait…
Okay, glad to have you back now. So how can you enter this contest? Follow the steps below or you can watch the video above to learn everything you need. Did we mention there are prizes again this year (prize details are further below)?
How To Enter
- Step 1: Find your collection of old family photos
- Step 2: Take a look through these photos and try to find the perfect photo(s) to recreate (please refrain from destroying any embarrassing photos. Your kid’s or grandchildren will enjoy seeing them someday).
- Step 3: Choosing the right photo is very important. Our advice is to find the most unique photos you can. Photos with children that are now grown up are always fun to recreate. Don’t be afraid to get your parents, grandparents, pets or friends involved if you have photos including them. The goal is to have fun recreating these photos.
- Step 4: Once you have your photo chosen, you need to decide how you are going to recreate it. You’ll score bonus points if you can find the same or similar clothes and any props in the original photo. Setup the new photo as close to the original as possible.
- Step 5: You’ll want to use a modern camera to recreate this photo. This can be a DSLR camera, point and shoot camera, high-quality film camera, or a new smartphone camera. The key is to make sure you can get a high resolution file or print from whatever camera you end up using.
- Step 6: In order to submit your entry, we will need both the original photo and the new photo recreation file or print. First complete our online photo entry form. If you are sending print copies, they can be mailed directly to us or dropped off at your nearest Heartland Bank location. Don’t worry though, the photo entry form requires a return address so you will receive these photos back in the method you submitted them.